Thursday, August 18, 2011

post #8

This is my 8th blog post. That means I have kept this up for over a week. I am patting myself on the back right now. This morning I woke up really early to ride to school with my roommate. It was an exciting trip. Aside from navigating the early morning school traffic of parents taking their children to school and people going to work, we almost had a collision because I was trying to pedal my bicycle with only one foot. It is not a very efficient way to ride and I was so preoccupied with looking at my foot I wasn't watching where I was going. Thankfully we are both still alive. Not only am I still alive I would like to think that  I have come out of this incident a smarter and wiser person from the experience that I have gained from my close call with the pavement. Next time I will look where I am going instead of at my foot. Even though we did not actually collide with one another thanks to my quick reflexes, I hope to not come that close to another moving bicycle again. It caused unwanted palpitations of my heart and a quickness of breath that was unpleasant. Here is a picture of the view out of the back door of my apartment:




If you look closely and use a great deal of imagination, you can see the wonders that lie in our backyard. There are several tomato plants, a rosemary plant and a lemon balm plant that is almost entirely eaten by some unknown creature. There is also a white overturned bucket and a garden hose. We use the hose to water the plants. The bucket doesn't do anything. It just sits there and sometimes I move it if it is in the way, but usually if it is in the way I just walk around it. Its a lot easier that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment